Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Health Insurance Rant

So I understand that I am a lucky girl in that I am a self-employed artists/bartender who received health insurance as benefit. Technically I am the bar manager, so I get perks like this, very cool except now I remember the pain in the butt aspects of health insurance. I have to drive 45 minutes to my ob/gyn, which is fine, because I really like him and I only have to go once a year. So I made my annual exam a few weeks early this year to avoid having to loose an afternoon when I am in the midst of a busier time of year, and my prescription for bcp is almost up. So I get up super early (for me), getting only about 5 hours sleep on a day when I have to work an extra long shift at the restaurant, drive 45 minutes, sit in the waiting room for 45 minutes and finally go in to his office only to discover that Aetna requires you to wait 365 days before you have another pap exam, and if you go early you have to pay out of pocket for the visit and lab fees. So I had to reschedule and now I have to go back in a month. What a pain in the butt.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Anisa said...

hello,
At least they told you. You could have been seen and then billed for it years down the road. I know health insurance is the pits. Have you seen "Sicko"? Makes me want to high tail it out of this country.
xo~anisa

October 21, 2007 at 8:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home