Thursday, November 01, 2007

Brooklyn, The Whitney and Sushi


I had a wonderful tour of Brooklyn this afternoon, thank you Jono! I'll let you know how my apartment hunt progresses, but I am planning a move around July I hope. There was one particular block of Guernsey street, by Norman in Greenpoint that I almost had to be dragged away from...there was something about that block...the facade drew me in. I then ate one of the best burgers I've had in years, at the DuMont in Williamsburg.

I then headed to the upper East side to meet Gilly...we went to the Whitney, my all time favorite museum and I saw an amazing exhibit of Danny Lyons, which I was super excited about! The photo above was my favorite. We then had superb sushi at Sushi of Gari on 78th (and 1st).

Now I am back home, oddly I enjoyed driving back into the peaceful beauty of the Hudson Valley. Even in the dark its beautiful, and there is no traffic. I am actually really looking forward to no longer having a car. I miss public transportation, I used to get so much reading done while being transported, and although, I do love my pretty little Audi, I could do without the hassle of car ownership...plus without car costs, I'll be able to rent a bigger studio!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home