Thursday, May 17, 2007

mmmmmmmm paint...

I love to paint. Its my true passion, and very hard for me to show to people (I realize this will make it really difficult to succeed as a painter), the few times I have had shows have turned into disasters...and I had an emotional shut down with painting for awhile. Well I have been painting again recently and have bought the supplies to put together a large collection of large pieces this summer...although first I have a place to paint canvases this large...but I have some leads...although then I have to store them...

I actually have one of my largest paintings stapled to the wall of my bedroom...I just ripped it off the stretches and grabbed the staple gun. I got the idea from an older painter that lives near me and has had great success with his heart... I figure if he can do it with his much more "valuable" pieces, then so can I! I gave my mom my largest painting ever or Mother's Day this year, as she has always loved it and had her eye on it for years...well I suggested that she too just rip it off the stretchers and attach it right to the wall, stud finder issue resolved! *Hi Mom!*

So back on track here...I am now working on a new series, well rather revisiting one I started last year and so far they are pretty small...but soon they will grow! Anyhow...I discovered yesterday my new favorite paint color...ooooh so exciting I know, but this year I have developed a rather intense attraction to two particular paints...expect them to pop up often...

Here they are in all their glory (image they are made of pigment and not light...

Old Holland Oil Scheveningen Red Light

and...

Old Holland Oil Indian Yellow-Orange Lake Extra