Monday, June 11, 2007

Yay, A new painting!


I finished the new painting I was working on, the one I said I would not reveal until it was finished and was something I have wanted to do for a long time...well, I have been wanting to embroider paintings for a few years now, the thought of actually attacking a painting of mine was a tough obstacle to get past, but I am glad I did.

The final push of inspiration was a combination of being really inspired by imagery in a book I was reading (ps...all of my paintings are named after the book I am reading while I paint, I read a lot) and by a recent longing to return to embroidery...so I did it.

I just finished this afternoon, and am unsure of how I feel about it...the cockroaches were very important to me, but they stand out a bit much, that’s the only negative feeling I have right now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home