Saturday, June 03, 2006

My First Paint Out Was Today!




Today I tried something new, I participated in a Paint Out in my town. It was juried and I was accepted on the basis of my sea scapes and abstract work, but honestly it was my first stab at oil plein air painting.

It was pouring out so I had to re think where I would paint so I would have a little shelter...but I was happy with the outcome. My work was very different then the majority of the 49 other painters as they were almost all Hudson River School style painters.

Much to my delight "The Idea of Perfection" was purchased by a gentleman whom I spoke to afterwards and he told me he loved the painting because it was so different from the rest and had such a bold use of color...which thrilled me!

Perhaps I will return for the Fall version and try my hand at the foliage!

2 Comments:

Blogger Carrie said...

This sounds like a lot of fun! I wish we had someting like that here. And you're painting turned out really well, too!

June 5, 2006 at 11:37 AM  
Blogger Sherry said...

It does sound fun. Isn't it nice to have your stuff recognized because it doesn't look like everybody elses?

June 14, 2006 at 9:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home