Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Watercolor Paintings On-location : The Bahamas



I painted these in the Bahamas, specifically Harbour Island in the Abacos Cay. They are all watercolor and small, as I was traveling, 5.5" x 4.25" on heavy stock paper.



I really enjoyed doing these paintings and it was an interesting process as I usually paint the ocean from photo's or memory. I also usually am painting more of a scape of my thoughts and not necessarily the actual ocean, so this was delightful to be able to concentrate purely on the water and not on the musings of my mind.

To see all six paintings please visit here: Abaco Paintings

1 Comments:

Blogger Crystal J. Robinson said...

This watercolor series is great! I've never painted on location before - seems fun, but also challenging at the same time. Do more!

PS - I got here via the Etsy blog ring!

May 10, 2006 at 3:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home