Thursday, July 24, 2008

Why am I obsessed with long tree lined driveways?

I have never been to a plantation before, but I am obsessed with their driveways lined with spanish moss covered trees...I did however discover that one such driveway, of the Orton Plantation has been in like 5 movies I have seen, so that makes a little sense...



I also grew up with an insanely long tree lined driveway that I had to walk up everyday in elementary school and as much as I used to dream of having a short driveway, I loved it...there was a stream going under one part of it with a little bridge that I once fell over as my backpack weighed about 50 lbs. The trees eventually gave way to a lawn with apple trees and fields of horses sprawled out beyond that, ahhh childhood memories. Although the fact that I crave the Southern version is odd...but I'm rather odd, so there you go.

This...this driveway is perfection...



I really am going to have to check these out in person at some point...I kind of wonder what they lead too...

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Kim Carney said...

i want the driveway and the house that goes with it ;)

July 25, 2008 at 8:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home